We stock (when available and in season) WA's finest gourmet yabbies.
Some Yabby facts
- Yabbies are exquisite and unique – unique to Australia, and exquisite in presentation and flavour.
- Yabbies are environmentally friendly, and they are sustainable, being farmed and not wild caught. They are produced in the clean, green environment of Australia, without genetic modification.
- Yabbies are robust, able to live in a cool room in the esky in which they arrive for a week, so the fresh product is always on hand without having to tank. They are very entertaining when displayed in a tank, however, and being nocturnal, are most active at night, entertaining the diner.
- Yabbies are extremely versatile – choose the size that suits your budget and dish. Serve them as part of a seafood platter, “lamb and dam,” barbecue or curry them, or serve them with garlic, or a combination of chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Yabbies are for the health conscious, as they have virtually no fat or cholesterol.
- Yabbies' shells are relatively thin and easily removed, and large yabbies can be easily cut in half through the middle like a lobster and grilled.
- Yabbies are a gourmet product and are appropriate for those who appreciate fine dining.
- Yabbies are for the discerning chef looking for something different for his/her clients – the basis of a dish to which the chef can add their own touches. We find that chefs enjoy exploring the many ways in which they can prepare yabbies.
- Yabby flesh is more tender than that of lobster, and is delicate and sweet in flavour.